The General Section represent the coming together of all commodities and Zones to form the WAFarmers’ policy engine room, a group that drives issues forward within the community, industry and government.
It is a forum where a range of issues impacting every facet of primary production can be raised and discussed. The inclusion of a number of dedicated committees covers important issues ranging from transport, biosecurity and water.
On a daily basis, the General Section represents farmers on a wide range of industry issues including:
- Agricultural protection;
- Education and training;
- Land clearing and management;
- Occupational health and safety;
- Special issues;
- Transport; and,
- Water resources.
- Economic Regulation Authority (WA) Review of Emergency Services Levy - 10 March 2017
- ACCC Review Inquiry into Domestic Mobile Roaming Declaration Inquiry - 25 November 2016
- Western Australian Industry Response to Working Holiday Makers in Australia - 2 September 2016
- Productivity Commission Regulation of Australian Agriculture: Draft Report - 19 August 2016
- Response to DAFWA’s draft policy for biosecurity funding mechanisms - 25 July 2016
- Intergovernmental Agreement on Biosecurity: Response to the IGAB Review Panel’s Discussion Paper - 8 July 2016
- Public Inquiry into January 2016 Waroona Fire - 4 March 2016
- Review of the Firearms Act 1973 (WA) – 15 February 2016
- Muirs Corella Draft Management Plan submission - 29 May 2015
- Tax Paper submission - May 2015
- Use of 1080 on organic properties submission - 27 April 2015
- WA Biosecurity Strategy submission - 13 March 2015
- Immigration and Visa Review submission - 29 January 2015
- Work Health and Safety Bill submission - January 2015