AgConnectWA’s mission is to connect, represent and provide support to young people throughout the agricultural industry in order to address the challenges that face them, and to harness the opportunities available to them.
AgConnectWA (formerly WA Young Farmers), was launched in April 2013. The new branding of ‘AgConnectWA’ recognises that in addition to young farmers, there is a myriad of young people in rural, regional and metropolitan areas with a passion for agriculture and progressing rural communities. With this new broader net, AgConnectWA is able to offer their members the perfect platform to interact with other like-minded young people.
Committee Members are elected at AgConnectWA’s Annual General Meeting, and encourages all members to apply for these positions as and when they become available.
Did you know: members are entitled to exclusive discounts on AgConnectWA and WAFarmers events? Join today!
- The launch of a quick response codes initiative to direct shoppers to a mobile phone enabled website which contains information about production processes, farm case studies and Australian farm gate prices.
- AgConnectWA represented Western Australia at the Youth Agricultural Central event hosted by the Future Farmers Network in Canberra.
- ‘Agriculture – The Green Collar Industry’ Conference and Sundowner held at the Ocean Beach Hotel in Cottesloe.
- Innovation Generation – partnered with GrainGrowers for this annual event, held in Perth in 2016. This was the first time that GrainGrowers have partnered with anyone for the event.
- Rural Roots to City Suits – AgConnectWA hosted this event with PerthYp, which saw Wesfarmers CEO Richard Goyder speak about bridging the rural-city divide.
- Agricultural Mock Parliament – AgConnectWA coordinated a Mock Parliament at the Perth Legislative Assembly Chamber which saw the Young Nationals, Young Liberals, Young Greens and Young Labor teams and political representatives debate on four key issues important to our members: GMOs, agricultural education and training facilities, live export and foreign ownership.
- End-of-harvest cocktail parties
- Regional sundowners
- Annual General Meeting and conferences
- AgTiki (wine tour)
- And so much more… tell us what you want to do!